Location: India, preferably in the Noida or New Delhi regions.
dbx-tv, a leader in consumer audio technology and co-inventor of the North American analog TV broadcast standard, is looking for a highly motivated, part-time / as-needed Audio Tuning Engineer to join our team in Noida or New Delhi, India. In this position, you will directly improve the sonic performance of televisions, soundbars, speakers, and other electronics sold in India and around the world.
This key position will cooperate with our skilled technical and sales staff in the US and China to apply dbx-tv’s state-of-the-art audio optimization technology to consumer electronics products. You will act as the ears (and eyes) of our US-based technical staff and will collaborate remotely with our Product Support Manager in China. We’ll depend on your ears to adjust our award-winning processing to match the unique characteristics of each system to deliver the best possible sound for our customers. Additionally, you will use your technical skills to assist our engineering team in troubleshooting new applications of our technology, and apply your interpersonal skills to establish a relationship with dbx-tv’s customers. This position reports directly to the Licensing Sales Director (based in the US.)
Desired Skills and Experience:
A successful candidate will have substantial audio processing experience (speaker tuning, mixing, mastering, post-processing and/or engineering) and have an innate ability to evaluate and improve audio performance in consumer products.
The ideal candidate will also be comfortable conducting product/technology demonstrations for potential customers and educating them on the benefits of dbx-tv technology.
- A passion for and strong experience in audio
- Exceptional audio processing skills / “golden ears”
- Proven ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Strong work ethic, highly responsive and dedicated to achieving results
- Flexible schedule; assignments are primarily in Noida / Uttar Pradesh
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently, when required
- Solid project management capabilities
- Ability to collaborate with both our customers and our US team on a technical level
- Fluent English, both written and verbal
- 2+ years experience in audio signal processing (mixing, mastering, post-processing, etc.)
Please submit your resume in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line: India – dbx-tv